Start with why
Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action is a book by Simon Sinek that explores the concept of "why" and how it can be used to inspire and motivate people to take action. The book presents several key takeaways, including the following:
- "Why" is the fundamental reason or purpose behind what we do. It is the driving force that inspires us and gives meaning and direction to our actions.
- Most organizations and leaders focus on what they do and how they do it, but they often fail to articulate their why. This can make it difficult for people to understand the purpose and value of what the organization does, and to be motivated to support and contribute to its mission.
- Great leaders and organizations are able to clearly articulate their why and inspire others to take action based on that why. They are able to communicate their vision and purpose in a compelling and inspiring way, and to create a sense of shared purpose and belief among their followers.
- To start with why, organizations and leaders need to be clear about their purpose and values, and to communicate them consistently and authentically. This requires being transparent and open, and being willing to listen and learn from others.
- The power of why can be harnessed to inspire people to take action and achieve great things. By starting with why and communicating it effectively, organizations and leaders can motivate and mobilize others to support their mission and vision.